1) The problem never states that Leo doesn’t have a
raincoat. If he has a raincoat, he could put it on. Several other members of
the class have mentioned that he could buy some newspapers to put over his head.
I have done this before, but I don’t find that they keep me all the way dry!
Perhaps the best option would be for him to hail a cab.
2) They should go to Brendan’s house after dinner to work on
the project. Perhaps impressing the girls talking about their project will be interesting
for conversation, even if they have to leave a little early.
3) Even though all of the flower shops are closed, Leo has
options. One option, if it is summertime, is to stop and pick some fresh
flowers. The other option is to pick a different gift. I would like it if
someone brought me chocolate or wine more than flowers.
4) Brendan should ask her questions! He can ask her about
her work, interests, and family. Even if he doesn’t have interesting things to
say, she’ll feel important. Miyel’s pickup line was sweet though :)
5) If Leo is wearing an undershirt, as he should be at a
nice dinner, he could take it off to mop up the mess and throw it away before
Beatrice and Eleanor notice.
6) Perhaps Leo could make a little box to collect the water.
He could open the punctured balloon into a sheet, then use it as a liner for
the cardboard box. He could use the twine to attach the punctured balloon
around the cardboard box to keep it from slipping down. He will not need the
other materials. I liked Stephanie’s creative idea of encouraging Beatrice to
call a plumber. He doesn’t have to necessarily solve the whole problem for her,
he just has to figure out a solution for the night.
I really like your idea of using his undershirt, I didn't even consider that!
ReplyDelete