Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Just food for thought....

So because we were discussing psychology and the need for communication, I wanted to bring up the controversial subject of online therapy. There's a popular site, http://www.7cupsoftea.com, that allows people to talk to trained professionals about their problems. Does anyone feel that this is as effective as therapy in person? Some things to consider: Face to face of communication Anonymous chat

2 comments:

  1. Personally I am not a big supporter of online therapy - but I would love to hear your ideas about it... How would you react to it as a patient and how would react to it as a therapist?
    Thanks Emileigh for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I decided to try the website out and to be honest- I think I'd have to agree with you. Even though the website is anonymous I felt a bit of discomfort writing down my thoughts to a random stranger. But when I was on the opposite side of relationship-as the therapist or as the website calls "active listener" I felt it really hard to engage myself on an online conversation and I felt like it took too much effort.

    Maybe in some ways it's beneficial but it's definitely not my thing.

    ReplyDelete