Sunday, September 7, 2014

Noticing Conditioning in my Everyday Life

I work at a restaurant/bar and every time the chef rings the bell that means the food is ready and we have to serve it to the customers immediately. During training, our head chef stressed the importance of how when we hear the bell we need to stop what we're doing and go serve the food. So every time I hear the bell ring I'm conditioned to look to the kitchen to see if anyone else is grabbing the food or if I need to do it myself.

This weekend I was out to eat with some friends and I kept hearing a bell ringing from their kitchen. Every time someone rang the bell I immediately looked toward the kitchen. It happened three or four times before I kept reminding myself that I wasn't at work.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect example Brandon, thanks!
    (Pavlov was not the only one to use a bell as a CS….) ;-)

    ReplyDelete