Thursday, September 18, 2014
L Dopa
I was doing some research on L Dopa last night and was kind of surprised to see that you can just buy it in stores. I thought for sure it would be something you would have to be prescribed. Many people with Parkinson's disease are given it to help their muscles, which I noticed there seems to be some debate about. Some people were arguing that the side effects are too much, while others argued that the benefits outweigh the side effects. One of the side effects of too much L dopa was dyskinesia. I found it interesting that some people would risk dyskinesia by taking L dopa when they are using it to try and help Parkinson's. Just some things on my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This a good observation Bradon!
ReplyDeleteL Dopa is not the only potentially very dangerous medication you can buy over the counter. (Unfortunately!)